Friday, March 22, 2013

TGIF

I'm fairly certain that it's going to be winter for the rest of 2013. It makes me very sad. I had big plans for 2013 and warm weather: my cousin's wedding, beach trip with friends, not being pregnant/drinking margaritas....sigh, and all of those things involved healthy amounts of spray tans, too.

Instead, I'll probably be nursing my dry skin with my Arbonne sea salt scrub and sitting in front of my hairdryer, since N. won't let us turn the heat up. Seriously. I think you have to be a special breed of tough to live in a place that's cold most of the year.

In other news, Dominoes pizza is doing half off any full-price menu item online through tomorrow, which means I am loading up on gluten-free pizzas and calling it lunch and dinner for the next few days. Boom bada bing.

We have hardly anything on the calendar this weekend, which is a true miracle at Bakertown. Maybe a good brunch or a hike? What are y'all doing this weekend?

xo,

B

5 comments:

  1. I'm with ya. Winter needs to scoot scoot! We've been using a humidifier in combo w/ a space heater (as you've noted, the air has to be warm to hold moisture) at night while we sleep. It helps! I wake up feeling less crispy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Right now I've been letting Simon use the humidifier, but maybe we can switch off!

      Delete
  2. Agreed. This cold is just depressing. Two weekends ago it was so warm and I thought - maybe Winter's coming to an end. And then this morning it's 18 degrees. Where is spring?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEEEEEEEEERIOUSLY! It's such a tease! I love Cville when it's warm, too. Bah.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! I didn't know you were GF...I am too. We jumped all over that Domino's deal two days ago and I'm glad you reminded me because we need to order another one! It's so expensive normally. And I LOVE Arbonne! If you like the sea salt scrub you should try the peppermint foot scrub - esp if it's going to be winter all year :(

    ReplyDelete