Friday, February 15, 2013

Simon's Dedication



 We dedicated Simon this past Sunday. Dedications are different than baptisms, and I do hope that one day, when Simon is old enough to choose and understand baptism for himself, that he will get baptized. Until then, we dedicated to raise him prayerfully and to teach him about Jesus. We took a vow before our church family and before God that we would, and they, in turn, vowed to support us. I can't tell you what a powerful moment it was when  Matthew asked the church to stand if they agreed to support us in raising our son in the knowledge and worship of God. I saw the Pastor of our church, Chris, stand up before the question was even out of Matthew's mouth. That meant so much to me. There was no hesitation. He stood to acknowledge that he would be there for us and for Simon. I am so thankful for our Portico family.


"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD."1 Samuel 1



   
We had our family over after the dedication for lunch to celebrate, and we were able to get some sweet pictures.



 Simon with Oma, my grandmother.

Simon with his Mimi (my mom)

I love the look on his chubby face when he concentrates on something...like my necklace, for example

a break from the sweetness for a dose of reality: face eating

Simon with his Gigi (N's mom)

Glory to God!

xo,

B

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations (I've always thought that was an odd response to the parents after a baby is baptized / dedicated / christened / what have you ... but I'm not sure what else is appropriate!) - Simon looks like such a happy baby and I love the face eating, London is a total face eater too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these. The kids and I are sitting on the couch admiring their baby cousin. Love you guys and love you Simon,
    Uncle Michael

    ReplyDelete