Wednesday, February 27, 2013

do what you gotta do

Yesterday was dreadful in C-ville. Cold, rainy, windy--like the kind of wind that blows your hood off of your head, so you're like whyamIevenwearingthisstupidthing!?

 But I finally got to go see a someone about my anxiety. She listened and played with Simon while he drooled on her floor. She said it sounded like low progesterone, so she's put me on some bio-identical progesterone hormones to see if it will help things out until my levels get back up. We shall see!

To celebrate my diagnosis (is that weird?), Simon and I ventured to fill my prescription, buy a new cosmetic case for me and some teething tablets for him. I pulled into a parking spot, rolled up the bottoms of my jeans, (it was pouring), hopped out and with ninja-like speed popped up the stroller, snapped Simon into it, threw a blanket over his carseat and ran inside. I stood in line to fill my prescription, which, at the CVS in Barracks, is always a long and drawn out circus of an experience. Turns out, I was three hours too early and I "should have called to see if it was ready, instead of bringing that poor baby out in weather like this" so tried my best not to throw myself on the floor in a tantrum and splashed my way back to the car.

It was only then that I remember that we needed half and half.

We are coffee people--coffee with half and half people, I should say, so when I say that we "needed" half and half, I mean that we NEEDED half and half.

My jeans were wet. I'm not sure that there's any feeling more grump-inducing, and Simon had fallen asleep in his car seat, thankyaLord, so there was no way I was repeating the process. Did I mention it was pouring?

So I did the obvious thing:



I drove through McDonalds, bought friesand coffee, and asked for seven creamers.

I mean, what would you have done?

Happy Hump Day, people!

xo,

b

5 comments:

  1. did the tabbies help poor simon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "tabbies" hahaha you kill me. Yes! I think they did. He proceeded to pass out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww that rain sucked. But this post made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!

    We gave up on that CVS eons ago - even when we would call and they said they had our prescription ready, they didn't. We've moved across the street to Meadowbrook - locally owned - and what a world of difference it is. I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah this made me laugh out loud!! I'm totally guilty of using the McDonald's drive-thru so I don't have to get out of the car. Why lug your baby into the grocery store for a coke when you can drive-thru and get one??

    ReplyDelete