Wednesday, February 20, 2013

a new name

Here's the new name for the blog!

"Bakertown" is what N. and I call our home. It's what our friends call our home.

I want you all to feel like you're stepping into my home when you come here; a home with spilled coffee and baby spit up on the floor. A home where a 65lb dog will jump right up in your lap. A home where two people who love one another to learning about marriage and parenthood together. A home where we strive to serve God. A home that is heavily-reliant on a crockpot. A home with an unsolvable laundry problem. A home where we make up words and laugh really, really, really hard at ourselves. A home where we are who we are and by golly we're not going to apologize for it. An imperfect home. A loving home.

That's what happens at Bakertown.

8 comments:

  1. Love the new name! Your last post inspired me to start writinig again and reinstate my own blog. You are such a wonderful writer and you reminded me how much of an impact your writing can have on others... plus the release it can provide for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Kelsey! I'd love to read your blog when you feel comfortable. And thank you. It HAS been such a blessing to see the way our stories connect us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! But what's not to love when your words follow. I'm ready to take off my shoes and put up my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kim. Yes, you are welcome "here" anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I was a little sad to read that you were moving away from the Baker-y, because it's just so cute and clever. But I seriously love Bakertown more. :) It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, TL. I love a play on words, too! But it was getting so hard to explain. People thought my last name was Baker AND I was a Baker. No. The last thing I am is a baker. Last.

    ReplyDelete