Wednesday, November 21, 2012

pre-baby jeans and Thanksgiving

Well, it sure wasn't pretty, but I squeezed into my size 27 jeans this morning.  It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "muffin top," but you know what? The button is buttoned...barely.

Just in time for the most gluttonous holiday of the year, of course.

What will you all do tomorrow?

We will head to my Oma and Opa's house in the Shenandoah Valley.

So many of my childhood memories are there. I remember falling asleep in that house to the sound of trucks buzzing by on I-81.

My Oma will make my favorite Thanksgiving dish: sauerkraut with gravy on top.

We will all write down something we're thankful for and we'll all try to guess who wrote which one.

Last year, that was how we announced to everyone that we were pregnant:

"We are thankful for the little baby growing inside me."

And everyone screamed.

My little cousins made up a dance to the song "Baby" by Justin Bieber.

This year, I have way too many things to be thankful for. I don't know where to start.

What are your Thanksgiving traditions? Do any of you eat sauerkraut?

xo,

B



2 comments:

  1. NO WAY. Our family is also a sauerkraut/gravy family! And we're from the Valley as well. My grandmother was born in Toms Brook and my grandfather was from Edinburg. I thought we were the only sauerkraut eaters! :)

    ReplyDelete