Tuesday, November 6, 2012

election day

I woke up quite giddy this morning. 

There's something deliciously archaic about the fact that we still must drive to our designated voting locations, stand in line, prove we are who we say we are and hand-cast our vote for the President of the United States. It's perhaps the only thing I can think of that I can't do online in the anonymity and comfort of my own little home. 

Last election day, I wrote in "Ron Paul" then drove through McDonalds and got french fries with hot mustard sauce, which I ate on my way home.

This year, I'll still be getting my french fries and hot mustard, but my vote will be different and my attitude more intentional.

I was a college student in the last election; I was still sifting through what to believe.

This year I'm voting with deep conviction for a man whom I believe is the best choice for my son's future America.

Yay, America! Yay, democracy!

No matter what, we sure are blessed, aren't we?

xo, 

B

video










3 comments:

  1. I was in college last time, too, and I felt like I had to pick between the Republican and Democratic parties. I'm with you! It feels really good to vote for someone you believe in instead of who might win.

    ReplyDelete