Monday, September 17, 2012

Simon's nursery, aka The Art Museum

N. took this photo a few hours before I went to the hospital on the day Simon was born. 

A few folks have asked to see some pictures of Simon's nursery. I absolutely adore decorating. I love moving things around until they look right, picking out colors, themes and moods. I don't think I've ever had more fun putting a room together than I did in Simon's nursery. Most of these photos were taken by a dear friend of ours, Eric Kelley, who came over when Simon was 4 or 5 weeks old to take some photos of the little man and ended up getting some pretty sweet nursery shots.

I wouldn't say that there's a "theme" for Simon's room. I'm not a fan of things that are too matchy-matchy-I-come-in-a-set, so I was so thankful to find and be gifted a lot of different and adorable things. I gravitated towards light and airy colors and white furniture, but what I'm most in love with about this room is all of the art on the walls.

This dump truck piece was given to Simon at the hospital by N.'s best man and best friend, Wes.  As you can see, it's above the glider. Simon smiles at it during every single nighttime feeding.



This is my favorite piece in Simon's room. It was given to me by a childhood friend of mine. We only reconnected this year after not seeing each other for twelve or so years. It's a prayer for Simon and it reads,
"Watch over Thy child, Simon, O Lord. As his days increase, bless and guide him wherever he may be, keeping him unspotted from the world. Strengthen him when he stands, comfort him when discouraged or sorrowful, raise him up if he fall and in his heart may Thy peace, which passeth understanding, abide all the days of his life through."
I got this when I was in college, because I was so drawn to the colors. I never hung it, because it never seemed right anywhere. When I got pregnant, I remembered the piece sitting in a closet, and I knew I wanted it in a nursery.




This is a photo of N. when he was little and a pewter cup of mine from when I was a baby.

What do your kiddos' nurseries look like?

xo, 

B









No comments:

Post a Comment