Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Simon Rhodes is here!



I've never felt more joyful to post on the blog:

Simon Rhodes was born on Sunday evening at 11:02pm. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and he was 21 inches long. It was the hardest 22 hours of my entire life, but by God's grace, my supportive and strong husband and the world's most incredibly dedicated and amazing doula, I had him without any medication. There are so few times in life where you get to be unashamedly proud of yourself. This is one of those times. I'm darn proud of what I did. I'm proud of my husband's strength as he literally held me up while I labored and pushed. I'm proud of my little son. I boast, too, in God's goodness to me--that He allowed me the desire of my heart to have a natural birth even when I begged at times for an epidural. He sustained me, and gave me the team to sustain me.

I'm so looking forward to sharing my birth story with y'all. I need a few more days to wrap my mind around it all. I can't believe that Simon is here! Thank you so much for your love and prayers throughout my pregnancy. You all mean more to me than I can say!

Love, Love, Love,

B

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, he is absolutely gorgeous and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so beautiful! I just want to squish his wittle cheeks. And his nose. I have an obsession with baby noses. I don't know why.

    So glad God gave you your desire. Be proud girl! Birthing babies is the hardest thing in the world, and you did it, sans meds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brett, he is beyond precious. I am so thrilled for you and N. I know he is loved beyond belief and am pretty sure those gorgeous cheeks are being kissed every minute. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Brett! I can't wait to hear you tell the story of this sweet little man. :) Let me know if y'all need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yay! What a blessing to you both that you were able to have a natural birth- you GO, woman! You should be so proud and happy! Cannot wait to read Simon's birth story <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so so happy and PROUD of you girl!!! Wow! Such an incredible experience. Simon is a gorgeous baby! Enjoy!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all three of you! Praying you have a speedy recovery and for extra energy throughout the days and nights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Brett! He is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the newest edition to your adorable family. It is a blessing to have your birth wish come true.

    ReplyDelete