Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a little TMI and a little perspective

I announced to my pre-natal yoga class last night that I have been "pooping all the time" lately. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that that announcement may have made some of those women uncomfortable.I apologize if any of you are reading this. I sometimes have to remind myself that not everyone around me thinks bodily functions are an appropriate topic of conversation at all times...ah, well. Now you all know it, too. One of my least favorite pregnancy symptoms was being hopelessly...backed up...slowed down...you get my drift. I felt like I wanted to shout it in the streets that this symptom, after literally nine months, has finally released me from its grip! FREEDOM!

I am 38.5 weeks pregnant today. To be honest, I'm a little surprised I've made it this far.

My doctor told me I'd go early. My mom went early. My baby "dropped" early. Alas, it looks like baby Baker is fairly uninterested in making an early appearance. Lesson learned: God and baby decide these things. Not me. Not doctor. Not genetics.

I'd be dishonest if I were to tell y'all that I'm having a great attitude about it all. The truth is that I'm downright uncomfortable and oh so ready to get this baby out. But I'm thankful, too. Oh so thankful. I know that there are plenty of women who would love to be 38.5 weeks and miserable right now, so I'm trying my very hardest and praying that God continues to give me perspective, joy and the right attitude.

In an attempt to distract myself,  I've been Pinteresting this morning. I am an addict. I love being overwhelmed by recipes and vacation photos and cute outfits. This morning, I found this gem and it had me giggling so hard I had to put my hand over my mouth so my co-workers wouldn't think I was losing my mind. Wherever you are on this Wednesday morning and however you're feeling about life, I hope it makes you laugh, too. We have so much to be joyful about:

5 comments:

  1. Oh Brett, I am reading this in my Isaiah lecture right now and almost busted a gut in front of everyone! Thank God for teeth that can quirky bite the tongue! I'm sorry you are uncomfortable, but thank goodness for the relief you have received. I can't wait to see this little man! You and N {and Turk} are in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you brought up bodily functions, I wanted to pass on my #1 piece of labor advice after 2 births. We've all heard that it's "normal" to have some unpleasant bodily functions occur during late labor/pushing. This is entirely avoidable. Two words: Fleet Enema. Taken during active labor. Buy one or two now and have them in your labor bag. When you are at the hospital in active labor (past 5cm) have your husband or a nurse give you one. I promise you you will not regret it. Use it *even if* you already went to the bathroom in early labor (Trust me on this one, I speak from experience). If you do the enema, voila, embarrassment free delivery! Happy laboring!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a woman who loves an enema! Sister, it got so bad the past few months that I bought them in bulk from CVS.com and used them 2x a week. Otherwise, I WOULDN'T go! This is great advice. I had been thinking about doing that anyway, and wondered it anyone else did. :) Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  3. I thought I was sick on my stomach and on the toilet a lot...but turns out I was in labor! I stayed there a lot at the hospital too...maybe you will be a potty pusher :-) Dr. w will let you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really??? I love him more each day! So, will he "catch" the baby on the toilet?

      Delete