Sunday, March 18, 2012

five and a half months

I got a spray tan on Friday. The only thing less attractive than thighs that touch are pale thighs that touch, so I marched myself into Sun Tan City and activated a package of VersaSpas, which I plan to utilize through the swim suit cover up season.

I've gained twelve pounds so far, which I think has been evenly distributed between my belly and bra. I sometimes look at my naked self in the mirror, laugh and think where did these things come from?! So far, there are no complaints from N.

Turk has not yet seemed to notice my protruding navel. As you can see here, he'd rather pass the time looking at himself in the mirror. Soon enough, he'll notice that things are different. 

I've recently had my very first strangers congratulate me. One man carried my groceries to the car. An older woman the other day called me a "doll" and patted me on the back. So far, I've avoided the unwanted advice about treasuring this time before I lose my social life or people in drugstores touching my belly without warning. Knock on wood. Fingers Crossed. 

I--for the most part--have loved being pregnant. I have a big ole hankering for a margarita with salt, though, and I plan on having one delivered to me in the hospital come July. In a Big Gulp cup, so I can avoid judgement. I've also had issues with low blood sugar. I passed out at the gym once, after a cycle class, and now I have to eat snacks every two hours. I can think of worse things. I have pain in my gallbladder after I eat cheeseburgers and pizza, and my doctor said to stop eating things like that because it makes my gallbladder "sludgy," but I decided that I can deal with sludgy if it means I can still have Five Guys....with french fries. 

That's the update: month 5.5. 

We find out tomorrow if he or she is a he or a she. I'm hoping to be able to announce it sometime this week on the bloggy-blog. I can't wait to tell you guys!!!

xo, 

B

3 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain we were reading e/o's blogs at the same moment, since I was drafting this comment to you when you posted one for me.

    Sludge in the gallbladder! Is that what that feeling is? I get it during the night (*ahem* every night) after eating too much for dinner that evening. Oh well, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I got a spray tan on Friday. The only thing less attractive than thighs that touch are pale thighs that touch"....i laughed so so hard at this. TRUTH. hahaha. you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I got a spray tan on Friday. The only thing less attractive than thighs that touch are pale thighs that touch"...i laughed so so hard at this. TRUTH. you look so beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete