Wednesday, January 11, 2012

pea-pod-bean-baby

One of my good friends calls him/her "pea-pod-bean-baby." I love it.

I feel like I’ve been lying to all my bloggins for the past 2 months, and I’m so HAPPPPYYYYY that the news is finally out.



Some of you have asked how I’ve been feeling:


Well, I haven’t had any morning sickness. There are a few foods that make me gag nowadays—foods that I used to love: brie cheese, spaghetti and lime flavored tortilla chips. BLEH. I used to love these things. Will they ever love me again? Will we ever reunite?


I haven’t had any super strange cravings. I drink sweet tea a lot. I ate cottage cheese and ice cream for dinner on Sunday, but not mixed together.


I’ve been SLEEEEEEEEEEEEPY. Like, really sleepy. I once woke up at work with my head on my keyboard. That kind of sleepy.


Being pregnant kinda feels like being mildly hungover, I think. At least the first trimester. Except, I never puke.


The best news of all, though!: gluten doesn’t bother me these days. All of the progesterone smoothes out a mom’s digestive tract, so that her digestion slows down and gives the baby good nourishment. All of this “smoothing” means two things for me: I am constipated, yes, but I am not irritated. There are things you can do about the former. Moving on: seriously---gluten just slides on through with everything else now that my insides are all slippery/flat. No more enflamed intestines! Praises. Praises for progesterone, and praises for Chick-fil-a sandwiches and Digiorno pizzas. And pop tarts.


In other news,


My feet itch when I take hot showers.


I can’t button my pants at this point, but I don’t have a cute belly. I kinda just look like a rectangle.


Pooping is the most victorious part of my week.


I missed a meeting this morning—one that we have at the same time, every week—because I forgot about it.


I’m super-amazed that all of this is going on inside of me. I freak out at the weirdest milestones and cried when I read that the baby is stretching its legs out.

I love you guys


Xo,
B

9 comments:

  1. i missed a meeting last week. just straight forgot. a meeting that i set up. oops! life goes on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. All of it. Even the poop.

    Why weren't we ever warned about forgetfulness with pregnancy? I mean the pregnancy tests should say, "If two blue lines appear you are PREGNANT and will forget everything."

    And remember that problem of creating up stories about people in your head? Holy cow, it's the WORST with your own babe! The things you imagine them going through when you put them down so you can run to the bathroom will be enough to make you ball your eyes out, swear off ever eating a another meal and never put them down again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and have been poking around, I love it! I'm your newest follower. :) xoxo, eliza http://asteroid-325.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the follow, eliza! can't wait to mosey on over to your e-neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, the awkward in-between stage is the worst! It's like, nothing regular fits, but nothing maternity does either. Don't worry, you'll soon be out of it! :) Yay for a cute Baby Baker! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. TAG! You're it :) http://eckersons.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you been introduced to the Bella Band yet? It is Trinity's wardrobe saver. It makes everything fit. EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you been introduced to the Bella Band yet? It saved Trinity's wardrobe. It makes everything fit. EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete