Tuesday, October 4, 2011

there is a season for everything

I just got my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. I skipped the skim and got 2%. I even allowed an extra shot AND whipped cream. It’s my way of saying, “Hello, fall. You are welcome here.” I was giddily waiting at the counter for the barista to holler, “I’ve got a triple grande pumpkin spice latte for…” (they always scan the crowd for a man and I have to step up and say “thank you!”, grab my nectar and skedaddle.) I bee bopped outside into the 51 degree air and thought,



“Autumn is coming.” I looked up at the mountains. They are looking only slightly less green. The trees’ leaves are beginning to split just a little. It is a taste of what’s to come. It all felt very much like a Robert Frost poem minus the suicidal undertones.


Just when I knew I wasn’t going to be able to handle one more 90 degree day, the cold air blew in with a bite. Just when I was getting absolutely sick of keeping up with pedicures, the temperature dipped low enough to justify boots. The seasons always seem to work this way, don’t they? Well, at least in the Shenandoah Valley, which--in my opinion-- is the most beautiful place on earth.


The seasons remind me of the way the Lord takes us through life. We are ever-changing. We are ever-learning. We are never completely comfortable. Or if we are, a new season is sure to sweep in soon enough. And there is a season for everything.


“A time to be born, and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot.”
Ecc. 3

Praise the Lord that He doesn’t leave us to wallow in the same season. Praise Him that he allows us to experience joy, sorrow, laughter, crying, summer and winter.


Whatever season you’re in, bloggies, I’m praying for you—that you allow it to grow you,comfort you and better you.


Love y’all. SO MUCH!

Xo,


b

No comments:

Post a Comment