Wednesday, October 26, 2011

stream of consciousness

I am currently hoover-ing thai leftovers in my kitchen--panang vegetable curry. (Thank you, N.)

I feel the urge to blog, but I keep interrupting my own thought process with spicy food. Mmmmmmm.

Instead of being deep or meaningful, I think I'll just do one of those stream-of-consciousness posts where I let my mind wander and bee bop along with it:

-I will have another nephew in four weeks or less. I will probably tear up when I meet him. I just think all of my nephews and niece (just one) are the most adorable little people ever to happen. Even when they throw their poopy diapers around their room during naptime.....

-We have some dear friends who are adopting from Uganda. They're having a BIG 'ol yard sale this weekend at 201 Monticello in Charlottesville. All of the proceeds are going towards their adoption journey. If you're around, then pop your head in. N. and I emptied out half of our basement last night, so if you're in the market for an unopened video camera (one of N's contribution) or mile-high stack of super-good novels (one of my contributions), then come on down!

-Sara Groves just came out with a new album. Omigah. I could die of happiness. It's so beautiful. N. and I met at a super-weird time in our lives. We tried to make it happen, then we both kinda flailed about. We had planned to break it off and move on, but had already bought tickets to her show. God spoke to both of us so much through that show. That's a whole 'nother blog post, but I daresay that the good Lord used Sara to keep us together.

-There are three things that I consume every single day: coffee, peanut butter and tortilla chips. Not together. Nevertheless, every day.

-I'm finally free from caring about my weight. How do I know this? I stepped into the bathroom this morning, and jammed my toe on our scale. I realized that I couldn't remember the last time I weighed myself. That's freedom, people. I forgot the thing was even there. Praise the Lord.

-I've only had one pumpkin spice latte so far this fall. It's not OK.

xo,

B

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Brett,

    1. The last time we had thai take out I had panang curry for the first time. I thought I died and went to heaven. Well, maybe not that much - God is perhaps much better. But, it was good.
    2. I, too, have only had one pumpkin spice latte this year.

    thinking of you both!

    k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now you have to write a post about the Sara Groves concert that you and N went to. Please :) Or just tell me the story next time we see each other!

    ReplyDelete