Monday, September 5, 2011

I believe in a big breakfast

I’m not a morning person. I’ve always wanted to be, though. N. is. As soon as the alarm goes off in the morning, he hops out of bed all perky and ready to face the day. No sir, not me. I need at least three sessions of a snooze button. The first thing I do each morning is take my temperature. It’s so we can track my fertility and not make any baby Bakers just yet. I love being off the pill. Shameless plug: Message me if you want to know more about the FAM method. After I’ve done my temp-taking, tooth-brushing, and toilet-using, I’m in the shower. When I finally get out of bed, Turk always hops right up like he owns the place:






















No really, he sleeps on the floor all night long, and as soon as we vacate the bed, he commandeers it like whoa. Brat. Love him.

We’ve all heard it said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I take this very seriously. I house probably 400 cals before 9am, every day. When I wake up in the morning, I drain a glass of water—get things rolling, if you will.  When I get to my desk at 8:30am, one of the first things I do is eat my larabar. I think about it all the way to work and do my best to keep myself from eating it right there in the car. 


After that, I eat a spoonful of peanut butter and then drink some delicious green smoothie:
Now, I'm ready to drink my coffee. Heaven.

This keeps me satisfied all the way up until 12:30 when I eat lunch. I'm not starving. I'm not shaky. I'm not irritable. 
I believe in a big breakfast, do you?
xo, 
B

2 comments:

  1. My cat does the same thing as Turk--as soon as I get in the shower, he dives under the covers. When I come back into the bedroom, he is snuggled up and just looks at me like, "What? You know I'm too cute to move." And it's true. So I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, big breakfast? Have to disagree sister. I was waiting for pics of French Toast drenched in syrup and powdered sugar and fried up in the grease from the bacon that you ate while you drank your Guinness.

    ReplyDelete