Wednesday, August 3, 2011

the lately list

I’d like to post today, but my brain is quite mushy for some reason. Perhaps it’s because I fell asleep on the sofa at 8pm last night. Instead of pretending like I have something long and thought out in my head, I figured I’d make a lately list, so  here’s a list of all the things going through my mind, well, lately:

-why are my forearms peeling? Didn’t I get back from Mexico, like, two weeks ago? Why isn’t anything else peeling? Did I even burn my forearms? I don’t think so….

-I need to make an appointment to test for Celiac’s. This whole gluten allergy is getting a little out of hand. Also, I wish it wasn’t such a fad to be gluten-free. It makes me look like I’m trying to be trendy…..but really I’m just trying to preserve my pitiful little small intestine, people.

-I’m reading Room right now, and it’s really good. I want to go home, pour a glass of vino and read cross-legged on the floor while Turk lays in my lap.

-Someone gave me a free tomato today in my work elevator. What should I do with this little tomato? Sauce? Stir fry? Soup? So many options, and they all seem to start with “s”

-I super duper want to see my niece and nephews. I miss those little faces and I want to give them kisses on their cheekies!

-I don't think I actually like some of the outfits that Anthropologie puts together.....blasphemer?

-I have a current obsession with Woodchuck's Summer Cider; it's so delicious and refreshing on these hot days

-I love when N. cuts his hair really short in the summer. I'm not sure why. I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to put words to what I actually like about it.....I got nothin'. I just know that I do.

-If I know I am able to get a manicure, I stop biting my nails for the weeks leading up to it. I think that the only way I'll stop biting my nails for sure to to get regular manicures. This is not good. For anyone. Except maybe my cuticles. I'm horrible.

-The new Mat Kearney album is ER-mazing! 

Do you all have a lately list? I want to hear it!

Happy humpday, loves.

xo, 

b


1 comment:

  1. idea for your one little tomato... slice a baquette (gluten free, of course) into small pieces, place on baking sheet and pour olive oil on top. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Flip all of the pieces over and add a little more oil and mozzarella cheese on each. Bake 8-10 min more. Remove from oven and put basil and tomato pieces on top. Kiki and I ate this for dinner last night with a bottle of wine :)

    ReplyDelete