Saturday, August 6, 2011

"I'm worshipping"

When N. and I have down time on the weekends, he often likes to walk around the whole house playing his guitar and singing. I typically sit somewhere in the house reading or blogging, listening to my man's hauntingly beautiful voice.


Today is a good example of one of these times. We woke up early, went running, had a delicious breakfast and came home to relax for awhile. N. picked up his guitar, threw the strap over his head and began wandering around the house singing songs from Hillsong's newest album.


I listened awhile, stalked some blogs, played with Turk and got distracted by how dirty our kitchen floor is. It took me awhile to realize N. wasn't singing anymore. I still heard him strumming away on his guitar from upstairs. I bee-bopped up the stairs to see what N. was doing (skipping every other one like I always do) with a bobby pin in my mouth. When I got to the top of my stairs, I saw N. with his back to me. He turned around and his eyes were red. I yanked the bobby pin from my mouth and asked,


"Are you crying?"
"No," he said with a smirk on his face.
"You're crying!" I rushed over to hold him. "Why are you crying?"
N's eyes filled with tears, and he said,


"I'm worshipping."


My man is not a dramatic man. He's go-with-the-flow, low key and doesn't like attention on himself. If anything, N. under-expresses.


So I know that those tears where sincere; I know his heart was genuinely postured before Jesus.


I am blessed by you today, baby. Thank you for being the man you are. I love living life with you, and I love how you love Jesus.


Always,


B





2 comments:

  1. my heart leans into this and rejoices - there is NOTHING that will grow and ground your love like loving Jesus together

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are two of the most amazing people I have ever been blessed to know and I wish I knew you both so much more. You inspire me so much and have helped me more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete