Friday, July 1, 2011

50 years and one week

Dearest blogsies, I'm back from my tour in D.C. More on that to come.


Thank you to my dear, sweet husband for posting while I was gone.


Today marks my grandparents' (we call them Oma and Opa) 50th and one week anniversary.


Last weekend, our family gave them a party in my aunt's back yard. We had them sit at a round table while we gushed about them, sang to them, prayed for them, thanked them.


I'm blessed to call them my grandparents. I'm blessed that Oma always makes sauerkrat with gravy for me at Thanksgiving, and that Opa always makes me give him  kiss on the cheek when I see him.


The biggest blessing, though, is the foundation of faith that they've laid out for our family.


Thanks, Oma and Opa, for your generosity, faith and love. Happiest 50th anniversary to you!


Here are some photos from our celebration:


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture of you and Nathaniel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love your Oma & Opa! They are such wonderful people. I LOVE the picture from the Ring Dance. What a stunning couple!

    ReplyDelete