Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BlogHer Network + a new face for the Bakery

N. and I had just gotten back home late on a Saturday night when I grabbed his iPhone from his pocket, collapsed into the sofa and pulled up my email. I had an email from the BlogHer publishing network, and the subject line read,

 "You've been invited to join BlogHer." 

I frowned at it. Then I stared at it. Then I rubbed my eyes and got mascara in one of them. Then I read the subject line to N.

"You've been invited to join BlogHer."

You would have thought I said Jesus was at the door the way he sat bolt upright with that big, boyish grin he gets. N. hugged me and started making plans right then and there about how great this would be for my writing and how "oh my gosh, baby, you totally deserve this" and how I would be able to write about faith and encourage other women going through similar seasons as I am. 

I think he has the gift of encouragement. I love him. 

I was still staring at the phone--slightly in disbelief, and slightly from feelings of inadequacy. I probably had the fakest (not a word), most terrified smile of my face. I applied to BlogHer over six months ago, and I never actually thought I would be considered.

I went to bed not thinking much of it, but when I woke up the next morning, 

I had a fire in my bones and I wanted to start working right then and there.

So, over the past few weeks, and after a late night of working with the oh-so-tireless and talented Wes Webb (Watermark Design), I'm happy and proud and honored and humbled to officially be part of the BlogHer Network!!

Thank you, Blog Her. 

Thank you, Wes. 

Thank you, N. 

Thank you, loyal followers,  for reading this random stuff I call musings and actually liking it. 

And thank you, Jesus, for the opportunity to share a gift that I know comes from You.

Enjoy the new layout, bloggies. More newness and funness to come!

LOVE, 

B








3 comments:

  1. Brett, the new look is stunning! Your friend did a great job! I am so excited that your writing will be read by more people! You definitely deserve it:) Congrats fabulous lady! I can't wait to see you post more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats and I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and for all of us that get to enjoy your writing. It is a gift and thanks for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete