Sunday, May 8, 2011

exit 245 + some new news

Firstly, the new news: N. got [another] call from an NBC casting director the other day who asked if he could get some dudes together from his old a cappella group to audition for a show called The Sing Off. N. made some calls and long story short:

I've got ten of these guys singing in my living room right now. Yes, this is real life. Actually, it might be heaven. Still undecided.  One is plunking out the parts on N's piano while the other 9 bee bop back and forth as they learn their parts to a new song. They're cracking musical jokes that I don't understand and putting their pointer fingers in the air, because for some reason, it helps them from going flat (I think?). They're all so annoyingly talented. They're learning their parts in under 7 minutes and serenading me with beautiful songs. I think they're giddy to be singing together again. They're smiling and laughing and calling one another by weird nicknames. They haven't sung together since college (and for N, that was almost 5 years ago.) I feel honored to have these guys here, and I'll keep you posted as their audition process continues!

xo,
b

6 comments:

  1. YES! Please let this work out! They would KILL on that show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! The Sing Off is a fabulous show. I can't wait to hear how everything turns out! You're right, they are annoyingly talented;p Enjoy the serenading lady! Congrats to N for getting another call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy and I LOVE this show!! :D Hoping and praying N. and his guys get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo So fun! I want to come over and listen next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is wonderful and such happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of us (if we are honest) are jealous that you got to be there and we didn't! You are one blessed chick.... for a lot of reasons.

    ReplyDelete