Sunday, January 9, 2011

one year ago today

I can't believe it, y'all.

One year ago today, I was sitting in my hairdresser's studio in a zebra-print drape, pretending to strum a guitar on a hand mirror that my sister gave me. I remember the feelings--it felt like excitement rushing through my veins, but at the same time I felt like there were calm waters inside of me. Nothing was raging out of control. I wasn't nervous. I was happy. And calm. It was weird. I didn't feel like I was supposed to be so calm. I guess I just knew that this is what God had for me....for us.

I am blessed. Right now, N. is sitting beside me. (I don't think he's ever been right here when I've posted before.) How fitting. We are sitting here on the living room floor, watching our wedding video and remembering one year ago today.

Happy Anniversary, N. I love you. For you, a thousand times over.

B

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vows brought tears to my eyes! SO beautiful. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears on my iPad! Congratulations on finding God's best!

    ReplyDelete