Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the green drink

It's a crazy day at the Bakery, y'all, so I'm making this post short.

I've got a new addiction, bloggies, and it's called the green drink. (I should come up with a better name for this, I think)

You may be familiar with Odwalla or Naked drinks, both of which feature "green" drinks including lots of yummy, nutritious ingredients.

Don't get me wrong. I love a good Green Machine on a busy day when I don't have time to pull out the blender,

but here's thing:

Nutritious way to get fruits and veggies in your day: good
Nutritious drink costing $5 or more per serving + a good dose of added sugar: bad


So here's my alternative, folks:


-Get out your blender and throw in:

-a splash of water and a little bit of ice
-a handful of kale or spinach
-two handfuls of green grapes
-half of a banana
-half of a green apple
-and squeeze the juice from one whole lemon in there

Blend that sucker and enjoy.

Close your eyes if you need to, but I guarantee it's delicious.


As you can see, I haven't made N. a believer yet. 

All things in time. 

Happy Wednesday, bloglets!

B

11 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I love Superfood but it is also Supersugary. :) I'm trying this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, this does look good/interesting. I'll have to try it out soon.

    P.S. I'm participating in the Stylish Blogger Award project and I've listed you as one of my favorites. You can check it out in my latest post. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were interested in taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fantastic to me!

    I really wish I would have had some idea in high school as to how alike you and I actually are. I was clueless about the people around me. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhhhh, maybe I'll have to modify it a bit. green apples are not my favorite. but everything else sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicous! I was just at the teeter yesterday starring at all the green naked juices! Have you ever heard of Fat Flush for life book? I just heard about and thought about trying, but it has loads of fruit veggie juice recipes. I still need to research more, but I def wanna try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Suse---what did you think?

    @Lauren--I have heard of the Fat Flush diet. I think it sounds appealing--eating raw, cutting out processed foods, etc, but there's no way I can give up my coffee and wine, ya feel me??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I DEFINITELY feel you. It is so hard to give what we love. I haven't done it yet, just thought about trying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brett, you've inspired me. I am going to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fam and I used to do the fat flush after letting ourselves go over the holidays [mmmmoverindulgence...] It was always hard for me to stick to - and obviously, very hard to give up the things that are so routine (caffeine was suuuuper hard the first few days) but you really do feel great after about two weeks. She has a modified Fat Flush Fast Track detox that has some good smoothie recipes too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure you remember me, or even know me, but I love reading your blogs! They are so funny and inspiring! I just wanted you to know that you are a great writer and I have been reading your blogs for a long time, but this is the first time I ever have commented. Haha, this drink/smoothie sounds really good! I will have to try it sometime!

    -McKenzie

    ReplyDelete