Friday, December 24, 2010

christmas eve at the Bakery

It's a heavenly Christmas Eve here at the Bakery.

There's a vanilla Yankee Candle burning & making little spitting sounds as the wick burns down. Pandora is blasting "Carol of the Bells" and making my ears oh so happy. I have finally figured out how to water my poinsettia and its leaves are a velvety red. The sun is bright & I am joyful.

I am drinking coffee with 2% milk and some chai powder. Lovely.

Turk is happily chewing away at his rawhide. Before I let him have it, he and I had a brief conversation about the true meaning of Christmas. Then I made him sit and shake and gave him his 'hide.

N. is meandering around the house playing his guitar and singing Bruno Mars songs. Delight. His hair is messy and his face unshaven. I love this man.  He is practicing for an exciting audition coming up on January 15th in NYC*.

(please...the floating dog head. it kills me)

*I can't wait to tell you more about this, but I don't know enough just yet! Suffice it to say that we could use prayer for direction and the right steps to take regarding N.'s music.

It's my first Christmas Eve as Brett Baker, and I am filled with joy.

I am reminded this morning of what God wants for us--what He's always wanted to tell us.

When God sent an angel to tell the shepherds about Jesus's birth, He could have said anything. But what He said was quite simple:


"An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.'"

May your Christmas Eve be full of this great joy. May we not fear, for He has given us good news and He is indeed Christ the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S my kind of Christmas Eve, wandering minstrel and all :-) Good luck to Nathaniel! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    p.s. I hope your children are easily put into a trance like the pooch because of the music haha!!!

    ReplyDelete