Friday, April 9, 2010

all in the family

Long story short, Marcy asked me to join her this morning on the Scruggs' farm as she masterfully photographed the some cute kids. It was precious chaos. Little blonde kidlets swinging on tires, pretending to drive old tractors. Heaven. I even got to help hold the reflector-thingy like a real life photographer's assistant. There were dogs, horses*, a big yellow house with a porch, lots and lots of dreamy black fences. It was the perfect way to gear up for a truly Charlottesville summer.

*I used to be very afraid of horses, because they are so big and I think they could bite off your hear if they wanted to. But I acted very brave today, and I think that I'm not scared of them anymore.

Marcy and I got there early in our obnoxiously-neon galoshes. And here's the thing: they had baby bunnies. I mean BABY bunnies: we-just-opened-our-eyes-and-we've-never-been-held-before-baby bunnies! The owner of said farm must have seen a glint of maternal instinct in my eyes, because he GAVE me one! I was so excited that I actually forgot to call Nathaniel and ask if we could keep it!* The farmer said she was a girl, and gave me a styrofoam box to tote her home in.

Her name is Priscilla Sienna Miller Widmore, but she prefers just "Sienna Miller," like the actress. They look very much alike:





see?? twins!




Sienna Miller (bunny) is the perfect companion for me: she loves gilmore girls and eating organic and taking naps. She also loves to do photoshoots:






To sum it all up: we love each other. The farmer said I can bring her back when she gets older. We'll see about that. 

8 comments:

  1. hahahaha. I'm so happy she enjoys GG and eating organic also. Maybe we can convince her to join us Saturday mornings at the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a friend to spend your days with now:) FABULOUS! She is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. her ears are so short! are you sure she's not a gerble? hehehe lurv

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha--i know! they haven't flopped yet. she learned to hop yesterday! it's the cutest thing ever---she hasn't figured out how to sync her arms with her legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did N say when you arrived with Sienna? (Love the name BTW.) Please don't let Mr. Stripavich know about her....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my she's real! Does she smell bad or is she too cute?

    ReplyDelete
  7. N. loved her---picked her up and started talking baby voice to her. No, really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby! Baby! Baby! Precious little thing!

    ReplyDelete