Tuesday, February 9, 2010

my favorite pair of impractical shoes

every woman has them--the colorful ones NOT on the sale rack. you pass them and think
I'll never wear them
but you keep coming back to them.
I'll just try them on
you reason. then you realize that ______ (fill in favorite shoe store) is having a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale, so you recognize it as a sign from God that you're supposed to have these shoes.

that was the story for this particularly fuschia  pair: my absolute favorite to wear on days when I'm wearing a plain (yet bold) colored top.

yes, those are sequins.

hey, somebody's gotta bring the color back to this snow-drowned town. i forget what the grass looks like these days.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite pair of shoes are made of thistled bushes...they HURRRRRTTTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had those shoes and I LOVED THEM! I wish I still had them to wear on dreary days... but they had coffee stains all over them from working in a coffee shop. Sad.

    I'm glad to see you love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those aren't the ones from high school, are they??

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesssssssss!!!!!!!!! remember them, katin?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love an eye-catching pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete